Towing a Tacoma

I'm thinking of getting a new 2005 Tacoma 4wd. Can an automatic Tacoma be towed 4 wheels down? My salesperson isn't sure.

TIA

Reply to
Haywood

Does the salesperson know that Toyota has a website?

The answer is that NO Tacoma can be flat (dinghy) towed.

This info is also in every Tacoma manual on the lot.

Reply to
Bonehenge

Reply to
Joseph Myers

Reply to
notmyrealname

Reply to
John Smith

But he did say transfer case in Neutral, Id be interested to see what that does, if it does what I think it does, clever thinking. Painfully obvious and straight forward.

Also, how do the rear wheels turn

Reply to
Scotty

Why would they protect themselves when they allow other models to be dinghy towed?

Reply to
Bonehenge

Just to update you, my local salesman says Toyota told him that it can be towed four wheels down. I am skeptical of this answer, especially after reading some of the posts here. Not being a current Toyota owner, I'm not sure. Hopefully, someone who is an owner and has experience will chime in with a definitive answer. I'd hate to go to Nissan or (shudder) Ford or Dodge for a truck!

Reply to
Haywood

I'd trust the Toyota website FAQ.

Reply to