replace bearing without removing head?? Help please :)

Hey All, I have a 91 4runner 6 cyl. I've developed a knock which I believe is a big end rod bearing. IF this is the case..does anyone know if I can replace the bearing through the bottom, instead of removing the head and removing the piston? Has anyone here actually done it? Thanks a whole lot in advance

Reply to
computer1one

Never have done it on your specific engine, but have done it on numerous other engines. It's the only way and relatively simple job. Your biggest hassle may be in getting the pan off. From there it's a breeze!

Reply to
Bill Hall