Tacoma ABS brake noise

I've had two Tacomas without ABS so when I stopped for the first time in snow yesterday and ABS kicked in on my new '04, I was shocked. At first I thought it was transmission or transfer case noise. Is the awful gear grinding sort of sound normal? It seems to come just from the front of the truck.

Reply to
Boboed

Yep. It's normal in the Tacoma (my '02 does it), and other cars, too.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

all abs. annoying and it can be alarming too.

Reply to
Paul Cassel