Tacoma purchase - advice

Any advice before I buy a Tacoma???

** remove .invalid from my email address to reply by email **
Reply to
dbtexas

I purchased a 2003 Tacoma 4x4 V6 Double Cab a couple of months ago and am very happy with it. For starters it is a great looking truck. The name Toyota speaks for itself - quality, reliable and good workmanship. I narrowed my choices down to it and the Dodge Dakota. I've heard about possible big repair bills for the Dakota after it's warranty period expired so that was one of the factors which made me lean towards the Tacoma. The ride was smoother and handled better than the Dodge. Granted the Dakota has a bigger engine (V8) and is a bigger truck but for my needs the Tacoma suited my needs. Only things that I felt were a negative is the location of the clock - the steering wheel hides it from the drivers view-Toyota should have placed it higher on the dashboard. Unfortunately the keyless entry system is not standard equipment on the Tacoma as compared to other makes. If this feature is important to you, it is available as an option package. This is my first truck so the gas milage to me is questionable - I guess I'm use to the milage I get from cars. On a scale from 1-10 with 10 being the very best - taking everything into consideration including what I paid - I rate my Tacoma an 8 out of 10. My thoughts....hope this helps.

Regards...............Steve

Reply to
Steve

Texas, Sounds like you have already made up your mind on a Tacoma, which I say good choice. I have a 2002 Extra Cab 4x4. Knowledge is power when dealing with your chosen stealership. Online, I've found MSN's carpoint.com has about the best information at telling you MSRP, actual dealer cost, options, rebates/incentives, recalls, and trade-in values. Enjoy your new Tacoma, Mike

Reply to
Mike the Cop

Reply to
Glen Strand