About to buy 99 Tacoma Prerunner - advice ?

I am getting close to buying 99 Tacoma Prerunner with 71,000 miles on it. I wanted something with fewer miles and was willing to go a little higher, but this thing is in close to immaculate shape. I can't find a single thing wrong with it, and the paint looks better than my 2000 Caravan that stays in a garage.

Its from a lot that took it in trade in on a Lexus. They listed it at

11,995, but its the end of the month and they are willing to knock at least $1000 off of it.

It is a V6, not SR5, but has some of the options that come with SR5 (power windows, remote keyless entry, auto lock), so perhaps it was special ordered.

I ran the VIN through Carfax and it shows 3 owners and no negatives. Apparently the first was the state (Texas I am guessing) and it shows about

15 entries for all the maintenance they did, so I guess that's good. The last owner said he bought it at auction, apparently the second owner had it repossessed. The tires have at least 15,000 left on it.

My impression driving it is it handles well, NO unusual noises of any kind, but I SURE DO FEEL the road in the steering wheel. I am guessing this is normal, as I haven't driven many trucks in recent years. A definite vibration - well, don't know if that is correct characterization, I can just really feel the road. The "feel" becomes quite pronounced at hiway speed, but there is no sideways pull, so the front end seems okay. I am taking it to a garage for an inspection first. I have a subscription to Alldata and looked this one up - only one recall for the trailer wiring harness. Not sure if I will be able to pin down if this one has had the "fix" or not.

Anyone have anything to chime in here ? Anything I should be cautious about ?

Reply to
ScottHW