ADVICE PLEASE 04 Tacoma

i am looking at a 2004 tacoma extra cab 4x4 with the 3.4 motor 5 speed tranny, with the trd package. pro's or con's on this truck? it has 22,500 miles. the price i think is a bit high BUT thats not a biggie as i can get a better deal. just want to know what to look for and check before test driving it. thanks

Reply to
Charles H.

Mine is my first import, pretty much all pros as far as I'm concerned.......I have a 98 that sounds identical, 140k and nothing but regular maintainance, although when I did the water pump at 139k, I noticed the radiator was leaking a little, so I replaced it too. Great truck, I plan on getting another 140k

Reply to
Grip

thanks grip for your input. i checked out the truck on the dealers website, and it had a box to click for carfax. said it had 7 things on truck, tho didnt say what, as you had to pay to see them. so i am going to go to dealer next week and really check out truck. thanks gain.

Reply to
Charles H.

I have an '04 xtracab TRD, but mine's automatic. I've had an '84 and a '92, both five speeds. It may be hard to find another '04 xtracab with a five speed, so if that's what you want, buy it. My truck was wrecked and rebuilt by the dealer in December. They did a great job.

I don't know if the fancy wheels and tires are worth it. The tailgate's flimsy and you need to watch for frame rust. Please repost when you learn what the things to look for are.

Reply to
Butzmark

My 03 says repack wheel bearings every 2 years or 24k miles even under very light ideal driving conditions. Have u?

Reply to
Paul Mars

Not sure actually, unless it was part of the scheduled maintainance when I took it in.

Reply to
Grip