Toyota Tacoma Buy-outs

There was some discussion about the supposed Toyota Tacoma buyouts because of rusty frames.

You can read all about it here:

Reply to
Jeff

Yeah, it's happening.

There was an ad in the local paper: 1996 Toyota Tacoma 4WD pickup, 122,000 miles, passed Toyota rust recall with flying colors! $6,800

This guy's bumming because Toyota didn't buy his truck for $10,000...

Also, the trucks Toyota did buy back in my area had their catalytic converters cut off in the middle of the night! There's Platinum in them thar converters!!! ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku

Notice Toyotas offer is based on Kelly Blue book, the price at which vehicles are trading among dealers and wholesalers, not NADA the price at which vehicles are trading and selling at retail.

Kelly list a 1999 base model, with average mileage, at $5,125 retail, while NADA list the same truck at $7,150 a difference in the buy back price of over $4,500. ;)

Reply to
Mike hunt

Reply to
Mike hunt

Really? What article are you reading?

The article I cited said, "On the buybacks, Toyota will pay 1.5 times the suggested retail price for a vehicle in excellent condition as calculated by Kelley Blue Book." Did you see the word "Retail" in there?

The value for a base 1999 Tacoma with 100,000 from Kelly Blue bock is $5925. From NADA, I got a range from $5225 to $7150. $5925 fall towards the middle of the range. And, one would get 150% of the $5925, which is about $8900.

There is, of course, no requirement that a Tacoma owner sell the truck, either.

When you get a clue, you won't need to let us know. We will be able to tell because you actually will start to make sense.

Jeff

Do you have

Reply to
Jeff

What part of, "Kelly lists a 1999 base model, with average mileage, at $5,125 retail, while NADA list the SAME truck at $7,150 a difference in the BUY BACK price of over $4,500," did you not understand? LOL

Reply to
Mike hunt

I understand what you wrote perfectly well. However, the fact is that the NADA site lists a range of prices, with the Kelly Blue Book value actually higher than the lowest NADA price.

Get a clue old man.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

DUH! As usual, you choose to believe what you want to believe. I could not care less what you choose to believe.

What I posted is factual, Toyota is offering to pay is 1½ times the KELLY RETAIL value for a reason. What I pointed to was the difference in the RETAIL value of the SAME vehicle between Kelly and NADA.

NADA reflects the prices at new dealerships rather than Kelly and that is why Toyota is using Kelly to save thousands when they do a buy back from the dummies like you that do not understand the difference.

You can bet your ass the shark lawyers would make them use NADA to settle a class acti>> What part of, "Kelly lists a 1999 base model, with average mileage, at

Reply to
Mike hunt

You are a piece of work.

Yet NADA lists a range of prices. And the Kelly retail price is above the low end of the range.

I didn't know that Kelly sold cars.

Name calling! Ready for kindergarten, I see.

I totally understand the difference.

I also understand that Toyota is making an offer. No one is required to accept it.

Wow! Great comeback.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

This is true, and probably why they started the program.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Dude, I've explained this to you before. KBB is *HIGHER* that NADA. Take your car for an example and have a look. Toyota is paying Excellent Retail plus 50% of that figure.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Last time I looked up a Taco on KBBm it *ONLY* listed Retail/Excellent.

Reply to
hachiroku