value of 2.7, 164 hp 4-cylinder from new Tacoma

Found a company that will install a diesel in my truck.

Anyone know the value of a 2.7 liter, gas engine from an '05 Tacoma with less than a thousand miles? Selling the gas engine will help to recoup the costs of the changeover...

Reply to
Ron Tellus

Call your local parts yards and Toyota dealer's parts departments and ask for prices on new and used engines. They'll tell you over the phone, and you'll get a good idea what it's worth in your area.

You could then sell the engine yourself for a higher price than the wholesale price a used parts handler can pay you. Remember, a parts dealer can't pay you what he charges for it, you'll do better if you can sell it to an end user, such as a body shop repairing a wrecked Tacoma.

Barry

Reply to
Bonehenge

Who, where, and what kind of diesel - if you please.

Thanks, Jim Nassiff

Reply to
Simple

I've been told these folks can pretty much stuff any diesel into a vehicle with suitable space:

Selling: Low mileage Japan - Imported Toyota diesel motors Doing: Gas to diesel conversions Selling: Gas/diesel converted vehicles We are glad to offer any technical / modification help over the phone - free!! ALSO SELLING: Front wheel drive diesel motors!!!

4x4 Needs, met. TOYOTA 3L'S IN STOCK!!!!! OTHER DIESEL OFFERED: Isuzu, Nissan, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Cummins, Caterpillar, Detroit/GM, Ford/IHC, Deutz, Lister, Perkins, etc. "Your One Stop Diesel Shop!!!" "WE ARE THE TOYOTA DIESEL GUYS!!!" Export International LLC C/O "AJ" snipped-for-privacy@aol.com 954-763-3717 954-763-4460 305-527-4470 Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33311

I've only asked about converting a Tundra so far - I think these folks prefer the 3L toy diesel and a Nissan diesel (6?) from Japan. I haven't talked with them about the new taco body -- need to nail down the details.

Damn shame that Toy sells both D4D diesels and turbodiesels in many of their models (taco included) all over the world but we're stuck with these #$&(*&&^%^%$ gas guzzling engines in the US models. Superior vehicle with inferior running gear.....

Reply to
Ron Tellus

Reply to
SBC Usenet