22RE Timing Chain

I need help. Has anyone experienced the tragic event of replacing your timing chain? I am doing that right now on my 89 Toyota Pickup. 2.4 Any advice?? May be back needing help!!

Dave

Reply to
iMpoRtUneR

Hope you pulled down the instructions from the yota 4x4 site --- very complete --- I used their instructions for a clutch replacement --- saved hours!

Reply to
Wolfgang

just make sure you take out the "hidden" bolt that goes down through the header into the block. It's usually totally covered by oil and you can crack the block if you don't take it out. I think the 89 still has it. My 83's got one.

Reply to
fowdawgg

Find TDC before disassembly and mark everything.

It will make life easier when you put everything back. See my post and what happened to me when I replaced my timing belt.

Reply to
spacific