2332cc Engine Combo Question

Ok, haven't heard from me in awhile? I've advanced from all the DIY boring, etc. and obtained a Kwik Way boring bar and stand these days, set up for VW. I am now working on a 2332cc stroker. Here's the question, and keep in mind budget....

How would a 94mmx84mm stroker with CB044 heads, 40x35 valves (stage 1-2? port and polish)

1.4 rockers? with an engle 120 cam? (looking for NICE powerfull acceleration, not top end speeds over 85mph.)

sound? I know CR has alot to do with it, but could I expect a minimun of 125hp, or near 150?? or would those heads be holding me back too much? Is the cam too mild? I am asking before I buy the heads, got a very good deal I can jump on tonight. I can work the cam to any size. What I am basically trying to do is make an efficient combo of those heads.

Cam, trying to stay away from hardened or chilled lifters (pricey)

As for carbs?? dual 40/44? too small? ( I was thinking so, just asking )

Would you then if realizing I am on a budget buying used parts continue a build on the 2332cc and expect 125-150hp, or would you just make a cheaper 1914-15cc combo with those heads, smaller carbs, and expect near 125hp?

I want to badly build the 2332, but am worried if not putting in alot of $$$$$ to get a perfect combo, it wont be much more umph than the milder 1914cc.

Suggestions?

Thanks

Reply to
Andrew

Andrew,

If you really do want that much displacement, consider a type4 upright conversion mod and use the 'bigblock'. Peruse the forums @

Reply to
David Gravereaux

If those 40/44's are Weber or Dell's an easy 125 HP can be expected.

8.5:1 CR will be fine with that cam. With the 'small' heads it will be a nice torquey, street combo. A quick port cleanup will help. Dont go crazy. You need the velocity in the heads to make things work. I ran a similiar combo for years and couldn't kill it no matter how hard I tried... It will be a Huge step up from a 1914

Good Luck

Reply to
Dougy Dee