Almost ready to bring home.

67 VW Bus is almost ready to drive. Before I go into that, I wanted to ask if anyone in Central Florida might have or know where I can find one or both of 2 things.

1) Front bumper [complete]

2) The tray "thing" that goes under the dash.

Any way .. Later this afternoon I will go to the mechanics to start clean out the inside of my new old bus. Mechanically perfect, needs an emergency brake though. Windshield goes in this weekend after the body guy primers the front. Should have been finished last weekend, but the body guy must have had ENOUGH BEER MONEY and didn't feel the need to show up and finish what he started. Some rear end work to do, I am going to look else where for a body guy.

Yesterday when I was looking at my bus I felt kind of sad that here it was .. a hundred times better in shape than it was when I found it under the tree, with moss and weeds and whatever else growing on and in it, yet it still looked a bazillion dollars away from being finished. Can't wait to get it out of the mechanics hands and into some loving hands. Every place they touched is black with grease. The inside still filthy with spare parts [not necessarily parts for my bus, just parts] and god knows what else .. I have spent $$$$ and it is just kinda sad looking. know what I mean ???

I need so much still to make it "loveable." Floor covering, door panels, seats or seat covers .. hours of scrubbing away at the inside .. I guess what I am saying is that for all the money I am putting into it, I could have bought one with the work already done .. But then, maybe this will give me more satisfaction and relief knowing mechanically it is all new. engine brakes etc ..

Meanwhile, my 71 bus is just days away from needing a new generator [I think] and the mechanic is getting it as payment for the new engine .. so I am kinda hoping to be able to drive the bus away [the new one] before the old one dies on me on the highway ..

So there ya have it .. I will post pictures when I clean it. It is like you don't want to show off your kids while they have dirt all over their face, even though you think they are cute any way .. I don't even know that anyone will read this .. my news server has been SUCKING lately as far as posting my posts . . they just disappear ..

Lastly .. want to share the great optical illusion ever.

Diane

Reply to
::: Diane aka JeWitchT :::

o/

;)

Took me a minute but it worked.. eventually

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I would not test my theory either! I know I would be seeing stars or Saint Peter!! LOL

-- Terry B AKA VDUBBS Buggin in Bama

- vdubbs at highstream dot net64 Bug Rauchen

stars......LOL

Reply to
TerryB