Almost Sold My Bus

Almost sold my bus .. THANK GOODNESS the eBayer hated it !!! I don't know how they could hate it ..

His wife/girlfriend is the one that hated it and they were going to drive it from Florida to Oregon. I don't know what they were thinking .. They apparently thought that they were going to step into some modern 'van.' For sure they had no idea what a 67 splitty that was still under construction would be like. I have been in heaven with the new seats. So this witch turned her nose up to it as if it was the piece of junk I pulled out of the bushes 10 years ago.

I had already mentally spent the $6,000 they were going to pay for it. They paid me a $1000 NON refundable deposit with a paypal that bounced. Insulted my poor bus .. but the good news is, SHE IS NOT SOLD .. What the heck was I thinking ???

This eBayer seems to have a track record of buying buses but never completing the deal. He bought mine and another the same day. Bus owners BEWARE .. their Paypal is no good. This eBayer is a 50+ year old hippie from Oregon and a woman that was apparently his girlfriend or wife [although she looked like she was pushing 70.] I was so angry at her that in an email I sent him telling him that his Paypal deposit bounced ... I referred to her as his mother.

Diane - Peace !!

diane aka whatever

Glad it didn't sell...

MOther, huh? ROFL! :D

jan

Reply to
Jan

HaHa! Glad you kept it.

How does a PayPal payment bounce??

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

They paid with an eCheck and apparently there was no money in their bank account. Diane

Reply to
diane aka whatever

PS .. You know, when you pay with paypal you can either pay from your account, or pay using your credit card or pay from your bank account. the bank payments take a few days to clear .. or in my buyers case .. to NOT clear.

Reply to
diane aka whatever

yeah .. she looked older than him ... maybe 10 years or more. He is 2 years older than me .. She insulted my baby .. my bus .. I didn't know how to pay her back .. and then it came to me .... 'mother' .. kind of a sucker punch ya know ??

It's like kids, family or friends. I can say what ever I want about them, but if someone else badmouths them .. LOOK OUT .. you should have seen the way she looked at my bus .. seriously, like it was a piece of junk. I put

10 years of love into it .. and I described it perfectly. What I didn't say in my auction I said in an email ..
Reply to
diane aka whatever

I know there was a good reason that you were trying to sell your bus, I was hopeing you would have found away around it. I really like your bus and can't wait till my 67 westy is as nice.

If Its meant to be I'm sure the right person will buy it.

Mario Vintage Werks resto.

Reply to
Kafertoys

Good for you. Give us the names of these people so we can avoid them. I might sell my 68 someday. Dennis

Reply to
Dennis

Be sure to file a non-paying bidder complaint with eBay. Three of these and eBay will close their account. Personally I rather enjoy being the guy to file the 3rd one...

Tony

Reply to
Anthony W

The guys name was Jake and his MOTHER is Judy. Although the Paypal account was in NEITHER name. He is buyer 1948jake0 .. Says he is from Hawaii, flew in here from Oregon, but his phone number is Maryland .. SELLERS BEWARE ..

Reply to
diane aka whatever

PS .. if you look him up on eBay by his userid .. search for him as a bidder, items ended .. you will see my listing and the other person that he backed out on .. 1948jake0

Reply to
diane aka whatever

I am so glad he backed out. When I saw that someone met my $6000 reserve, my heart sunk ..

Why was I selling it ?? It wasn't the money. I have 2 other cars, a caddy and a range rover .. NEITHER ONE OF THOSE are new cars, so don't think I am rich.

This month I replaced the starter when it made it's first grinding sound. It still started, and each start after that started perfectly .. but I try and not break down in the Florida sun. After that I had to purchase this 'L' shaped bracket that goes from the gas pedal to the cable that runs under the bus to the engine. I went to my usual parts store and JUST MY LUCK .. they had that bracket. The guy at the store said he ordered one and he was going to use it in his bus, but he fixed the bracket. He went out to his bus, came back in with the bracket and NOT the spring or whatever else is supposed to go with the bracket .. Charged me $30 ... Mine was about to snap, had to replace it. I don't know what it is called but NO WAY is that part $30 .. If it is, I am shocked.

That was how my week started. Two repairs. Both the other cars have a/c and it is hot as hell here in Orlando this week, but I like driving my bus. I drive her 60 miles round trip most every day .. Not as much in August ..

I always told myself, I would drive her and little by little fix her up as good as new, no rush because the bus was going to my grandson when he got old enough to drive. Then 2 years ago he got cancer and passed away [ not looking for sympathy, just explaining .. ] I thought to myself, 'the older I get the more costly the repairs are going to become.' It was during my feeling old and feeling cheated and mad at myself because I didn't tell the parts guy to 'stick it' pity party, I listed the bus on eBay .. Immediately I got the first bid .. I didn't even know if I would be able to find the title if it sold and when it did, I had to tear my house apart to find it. Looked sort of like I had been robbed, with papers EVERYWHERE !!

blah blah .. I tend to go on and on ...

Reply to
diane aka whatever

Heck, I thought you were in Tampa... but I just now remembered it was another Diane I once knew. I now live in Orlando, and I'd be happy to help you with repairs and such. I don't have a shop and my tools are limited, but I'm slowly building my inventory back up. One day I will get another shop for my addiction... LOL. Had to leave everything behind when I moved here. My sister-in-law has a little shop and a huge yard, I think I will be spending my time there a lot.. they need a mechanic every now and then anyway. Now with my new job, I can buy some decent tools... lol.

Anyhoo, let me know if you need help. I can email you my number if you want to.

snipped-for-privacy@rocketmail.com

Jan

Reply to
Jan

Thanks Jan .. and look for my bus on the road. It is hard to miss it. I drive from Deltona to Orlando and back each day. Live in Deltona, work on N. Orange Blossom and Silver Star ..

Reply to
diane aka whatever

I live in Altamonte Springs right by I4, and I work right next to Sea World. Driving..... a beat up, dented, dirty, 87 ugly Jeep Cherokee for now :( My bug is still in Finland.

Jan

diane aka whatever wrote:

Reply to
Jan

Man, that old paint job was hilarious. Looks like they got some friends together and spray-paint stenciled it or something.

I once had a 65' AMC Rambler American that had been painted with a roller and house-paint. I couldn't be mad about it, because the paint had stayed off the rust while it was garaged for 20+ years on a dirt floor.

That new paint is NICE. That thing looks like a Matchbox car I had as a kid.

-Steve Ballantyne

Reply to
steve.ballantyne

" snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@m37g2000prh.googlegroups.com...

Don't laugh too hard, but I was the one who did the old paint job. Did it with spray cans of paint - model airplane paint pens and a bag of ... ummmm ... potato chips ??

Reply to
diane aka whatever