Fixing heating on 1982 Caravelle Bus T3 Aircooled 1.9?

Hi

I've just bought my first Caravelle Bus.

A yellow 1982 aircooled 1.9 Bus.

Really nice looking. And now we can go driving with all 5 kids ! Great!!!

BUT!!! It had been fitted at sometime with gasoline heater - great - but then this was removed again sometimes later.

So I have a bus with no heat. Which is OK during the summer - but I need to gix it before autumn.

(I am ordering the Haynes right now - but any help, hints, links etc. will really be appreciated).

Sofar I know:

  • The big insulated cardboard/foam heating pipe from the engine to the front of the car is intact and in place.
  • At the dash there are 3 levers.

- 1. Marked with an up arrow and down arrow

- 2. Marked with red vs blue

- 3. Marked with symobls that I guess is blower speed.

Nothing happens when I activate theese levers. No blower. And all I get via the vents are plenty of cold air from outside (when driving - when standstill nothing...)

I will really appreciate all help to get me started looking in the right directions.

And I will work hard :-)

Happy driving

Jens Jakob

Reply to