GAS SHOCK QUESTION!!

i have a stock 69 vw bug, and i was wondering if i can put on gabriel gas shocks for the back. but the thing is that theyre from my brothers 69 chevy chevelle. will they fit on my bug??? thanks

Reply to
69vwdude

Your Bug will ride like a stagecoach. Get the stock style shocks you will be much happier with the results.

--Dan E

Reply to
Braukuche

Unless you plan on autocrossing your car every weekend, gas shocks aren't the best idea for a bug. You might get away with very low pressure gas in the rear, but NEVER in the front. Gabriel shocks will be much too high of a pressure for your car. It will ride like the springs are made from granite, and you wil wish you kept the stock setup.

For handling, I am quite happy with stock shocks all around, but with front and rear anti-roll bars and 205 and 185 tires rear and front, respectively. Rides fairly smoothly, but doesn't lean in corners.

~Anthony

Reply to
Anthony

It is a matter of choice. First of all if you go gas you have to go gas on all 4's unless you want to have the end without the gas bounce like crazy. I use the hardest of them all the KYG Gas Adjust shocks and love them. Front and rear anti sway bars, dropped front spindles, 195's on all

4's. My car is a highway highspeed car and it does not move. I am powered by a 2.0 914 engine and the speeds the car can go I don't want to go. I had the Gabriel shocks and removed them. BTY The Gas Adjust raised my car, even with the 2 1/2" dropped spindles. Matter of choice.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Cali Next Generation-usa