gear lever makes metallic noize

I bet your gear lever feels sloppy from left to right too. The front bushing from the rod between gear lever and transmission nose is busted.

Reply to
Olli Lammi

/..its happened to many of us. =-) there is a bushing that the shift rod slides through in the tunnel it has disintegrated...replace it....as an added benefit you will also have a much tighter shift pattern. grease the bushing on install....

Gary

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

Hi

The gear lever of my '72 SB makes a metallic rattling noise at high revs (around 2500-3000) so when I'm on the highway I can hear this strong and very annoying noise coming from the lever, has this happened to anyone? easy fix? suggestions?

thanks Ant

Reply to
Ant