Key code location

Anybody know where the key code is on a 87 golf gl? And how many digits?

Reply to
noway

I know.

It's in

rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

WATERCOOLED

WATER!!!

W A T E R

wa·ter (wôtr, wtr) n.

  1. A clear, colorless, odorless, and tasteless liquid, H2O, essential for most plant and animal life and the most widely used of all solvents. Freezing point 0°C (32°F); boiling point 100°C (212°F); specific gravity (4°C) 1.0000; weight per gallon (15°C) 8.338 pounds (3.782 kilograms).

What's with the sudden surge of WATERcooled VW questions lately? Someone trying to provoke and bait us? Some elementary school in got Internet?

No offense, but... damn. If there's TWO VW newsgroups to choose from on almost every news server, one being AIRCOOLED and the other being WATERCOOLED... how hard is it to determine which group your car belongs to? I'm just wondering. There's been a few too many of these basic questions lately, makes me think it's a troll.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Dude (?) chill (play on words) not a troll just uniformed and desperate will go now try watercooled.

Peace.

Reply to
noway

Alright :) Sorry if you were offended.

I was just wondering. We don't usually get watercooled requests, but in the last month they've started oozing in from somewhere. Nothing wrong with watercooled, we don't hate them, they just don't belong. These two groups were once one group, and they were split for a reason.

I wonder how you found us, and if you didn't find the watercooled group at the same time?

Jan (Current aircooled group King :) )

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I found the specific forum name in a googled thread on key codes.

Reply to
noway

I wonder if they still have it on the inside of the external door handle.

Typically (Experience from other cars) it could be on the lock cylinder too, but not necessarily on all of them. Older Opels (80's) only had it on the trunk lock cylinder. German built car too..

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Usally they do (from research) this one did not (dont know why), I took the handle with the barrel out to a locksmith and he made one up for me from the lock barrel for $12.00.

Reply to
noway

Don't take it personally. Jan just needs to get laid. His lack of nookie is making him a little edgy. Good luck with your key code problem.

K.

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

Did you forget to take your PMS pills again? I did and nearly bit poor Tim's head off. See how important they are?

K.

Jan Anderss>

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

...............If my wife forgets her pills, the dog & two cats hide under the bed and the neighbors call 911 out of fear for my safety.

Reply to
Tim Rogers