sorry for my english

sur mon vieux transporteur (3ieme moteur, le dernier en 2L) ,le niveau d'huile augumente lors de parking longue durée, dilution par de l'essence sans aucun doute (maxi de jauge d'huile+3cm) que reprocher à la pompe , au controle du niveau de cuve des carbus, à la mise à l'air du reservoir. merci de votre aide, je suis plus entouré de marchands que de passionnés expérimentés

Reply to
Jean-Luc

Loose translation since it has been a while I've used French:

He's saying that his "transporteur" (not sure what this is -- maybe a bus?) on the third motor (a 2 liter) the oil level appears to have been added to by 3 cm when it has been parked for a long time. It looks like it has been diluted by something.

(maybe the gas pump leaking somehow into the block, but this is my assumption?)

He appreciates any help as he's surrounded by repair shops, not hobbiests.

I could loosely :) translate your responses back to French. Remco

SVP, Je pourrais traduire des r=E9ponses toutes le monde pour vous, Jean-Luc

Reply to
Remco

Yes, could be fuel pump leaking (diaphragm). Could also be carb flooding and dripping down into manifold. (Assume he doesn't have FI)

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Replace fuel pump and it's gasket.

jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Pardonnez-moi l'abattage de votre langue :)

Je suppose que vous n'avez pas l'injection de carburant ?

Votre probl=E8me a pu =EAtre la pompe d'essence ou la garniture. Peut-=EAtre le carborator est inond=E9 et vidange dans "the manifold" (la tubulure, en fran=E7ais? Je ne suis pas s=FBr)

Jim et Jan. (Remco seulement traduit ceci)

(It has been a while since I've used my French so that was fun. I hope the technical terms translate correctly -- sometimes literal translation works in that it can be understood but may not be at all how they express it :)

Reply to
Remco

I took 2 years in junior high :)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I bet they didn't cover much car part nomenclature.

Reply to
Michael Cecil

I dunno, they might have. I wasn't paying attention to the teacher 100%.

2 guys, two dozen girls in the class ;) I did get good grades though.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Nah, they didn't cover technical terms where I went either and had it for years.

They bored us to tears in French with details you'd never need - like how to order bread in a store, get a train ticket, ask for the time, hail a cab, etc. Last time I was in Paris, I found I was better of just grunting and pointing:

Once they figure out you know a mouthful of French, you'll very quickly find out you don't know the language at all.

Don't feel bad, though -- most foreigners feel the same about English when they visit the US and hear the crazy idioms.

Reply to
Remco

Crazy idioms ... or crazy idiots?

Just checking in case it was a typo :-)

Reply to
Erik Dillenkofer

"Crazy idioms" is what I had in mind but I see how your way works too :)

Reply to
Remco

"Remco" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... Pardonnez-moi l'abattage de votre langue :) ~~~~beautiful expréssion ( try to find the translation of "maison d'abattage"

Je suppose que vous n'avez pas l'injection de carburant ? ~~~~~right, I'm using à 2.0l engine with "solex" carburators : 34PDSIT 2&3 with a return in " the manifold " if you speak of the "tubulure" ( the right word) connected with both : the two carburators, under eachones, in the admission pipe

what about the stuffer or chocker on the left carburator ? can I test it, could it be the reason of ""carborator est inondé "", (carburateur noyé) which one could be increased, left or right, or two

is it dangerous to run with fuel in the oil?

sorry, I have a glance at the oil level, after a long parking, but after a little run arround neigbourhood

Votre problème a pu être la pompe d'essence ou la garniture. Peut-être le carborator est inondé et vidange dans "the manifold" (la tubulure, en français? Je ne suis pas sûr)

"a fuel pump cost over178 euros", last summer, before hollydays with the same engine some sparkling problems during a long declivity, dragging to the garage, two days before his hollydays, impossible to do anything, during a month I went a week after look at the level of oil surprise 2cm over the maxi with a correct horizontal position. I purge a part of the oil, try to start, but probably "flood" the carburator lay down the battery, carry it, charge it, and retry during the days the range of temperature was over 30°C and it was difficult to work on the edge of the pavement, change or clean the plug, etc during this time my wife cross the france from Grenoble to the "Ile de Noirmoutier" and I stay Here ( OVER 30°C) going at work with bicycle, and the transporter stay in the closed park of the garage In september , after his hollydays, the mecanician of the garage look at it he suggest to change the cranck original one ( 3rd engine,since 85) and look after carburation : magical science for me !!!! why not (new cranck

288euros)

long parking without use 2 or 3 weeks, a little run and the sames sparkling problems just after getting out of the railway in low speed few minutes, restarting , and the same problem some KM after I compleet the fuel with the help of a friend ( The same of Ile de Noîrmoutier), spend the day and try to come back at home with the help of the car in case of drag I come back , with the same sparkling problems ,complete the level of fuel (it could be increased)and win the home somes rainy days, snow, etc

"a fuel pump cost over178 euros", I decide to have a glance on the fuel pump : not easy too reach, not far of the cranck and curious fixed with Torxhead screws on the carter I open it, not any apparent problems with any filter or diaphragm some difficulties to find new paper seal (I'm not sure); and not enough expensive for ressellers is there any Kit of diaphragm,and filter less expensive than a pump

I change the Torxhead screws that I find right for right with the srew drill with 2 x12.8Chc M8x35all thread and change all durits and rings and then enough I change filter and oil with 5w30 .....you know the next, I report you, since I change the oil, clean the plug, and it start again, tomorrow I'll look the oil

It's not easy to motive anyone for going skiing or else arround the place with an hazardeous vehicle I would find the right solution at the right problème without spending too much money in car resseller I hate someones and I'am despite of the others

thank's for your help and sorry for my english

JLuc

Reply to
Jean-Luc

Maybe not the fuel pump. If the carburetor float valve (needle valve) does not close tightly, fuel will continue to flow into the carburetor, even when the engine is not running. This will "flood" the carburetor and make the engine hard (difficult) to start. It will also pour fuel into the oil.

The Transporter/Bus has more chance of this kind of flooding because the fuel tank/reservoir is above the engine (height).

exactly your type carburetor)#19 > Needle valve#22 > Float

---------------------------------

l'abattage de votre langue. > Murder of our language! HaHa!!

We still use the word "abbatoir" in English to mean "slaughter house" (of animals).

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Jean-luc, vous parlez anglais bien mieux que je parle fran=E7ais. :) Il n'y a aucun besoin de faire des excuses - Tr=E8s bon !

Now that you can directly ask questions, you are in good hands -- the guys on this group are great!

Remco

Reply to
Remco

I suspect that the float valve in your carburetor may have become unscrewed. Disassemble the carburetor and tighten it.

Je suspecte que la valve de flotteur dans votre carburateur ait pu être devenue dévissée. Démontez le carburateur et serrez-le.

Reply to
John Crichton