Transmission Change

I have a 64 bug daily driver and dragracer on weekends (8.82 1/8). I am starting to have some transmission problems with it. So my question is, will the transmission out of my 67 split parts bus (12volt), go right in my 6volt bug with out any problems, the bug is converted to 12volt. Every one says the bus transmission is the way to go for dragracing. Thanks for any help with this question.

Thanks, Adam Badgett N.C. snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net

Reply to
<abadgett

???? No one on the group knows???

Freddy

snipped-for-privacy@earthl>

Reply to
Freddy Badgett

Yes, you'll be able to haul @$$ in reverse since you have 4 reverse gears, and 1 forward one, LOL.

The R&P is opposite on T-1 and early T-2 trannys. The bus trans, if still a swingaxle, is NOT any stronger then the T-1 unit.

My recommendation is to not be a cheapskate on the trans, buy a good one with the gears you want/need, and do it once.

John Aircooled.Net Inc.

Reply to
John Connolly