Where do you get your spares?

Hi,

I need two new doors for a 72 beetle, mainly the passenger door, any ideas where to get them? i cannot find anywhere on the internet, maybe i'm just blind. Fibre glass ones would be cool.

Cheers

Reply to
Kevin Jones

or

I recommend steel

John Aircooled.Net Inc.

Reply to
John Connolly

Hello, since it appears that you live in the UK check out Beetles UK. On their website they list new doors for your car.

Reply to
Ben Boyle

website they list new doors for your car.

Reply to
Adam

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 21:25:08 GMT, "Kevin Jones" scribbled this interesting note:

If you were anywhere near Texas you could stop by and purchase as many as you needed!!!

John Willis

Do you have a bug grave yard or something?

Reply to
Michael Cecil

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 23:53:57 GMT, Michael Cecil scribbled this interesting note:

No. Just a collection of parts put together over a number of years. Ask Scott (aka Muadib) how many Beetle doors of various years the two of us have at his house. For that matter, ask him what the inside of his garage and the attic look like!:~)

John Willis

No,........Don;t ask!!!!! I have just recently had a cool enough day to put stuff in the attic. All but a couple of my un-attached seats are now overhead.........YAY!

Now I need to start putting a bunch of pictures together and storing the doors and wheels and All that stuff out in the yard. !

Anyone in DFW needs a door, let me or John know. We will maybe even deliver to you if not too far away.

My goal is to get the cars down to just a 56 cabrio, and the DOON buggy................ther rest are all for sale if someone's looking for a project or parts.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Well, I'll keep you guys in mind if I get in a wreck. I've already replaced my driver side door with one from my old (long since gone) parts car. Back when I had several bugs I used to go hunt and pecking through various junkyards around DFW to see what I could find and it sounded a bit like John maybe ran one of those. Haven't done that in a long time though. :)

Reply to
Michael Cecil

We have some extensive junkyards in San Diego. One I know of specializes in VWs and that's where I've gotten some of my parts. I'm rather sure there are some doors to be had, prices are usually cheap. The only catch is shipping all the way to UK.

Reply to
Debra Chervenka

Theres masses of used good ones on ebay.co.uk at the moment.

James

Reply to
Juper Wort

try

or
or kingfisher kustoms in birmingham 0121 558 9135

John (also in birmingham england ) 1964 Bug

Reply to
John Skeldon

Well,Niether John Nor I have a complete wrecking yard. Our wives may differ on this statement, but it is true. I know I have shown some pics of my backyard at one time or another and it was not a pretty site. I have now Purchased a house that I have a different neighborhood to deal with. I've already been given "warnings" twice by the code enforcement creep in this neighborhood.

Anyways, We have just collected and collected and collected VW's mostly Beetles, and now are doing a major thinning of the herd............Slowly , but thinning.

Parts are very inexpensive from us, ask KWW if he comes around...............he comes back often. I am not intersted in owning a billion junky cars anymore. I am interested in making 1 really decent VW Dune buggy ( based on a Karman Ghia chassis) and pretty much selling off the other one I own, and John and I are looking to move the autosticks out, since niether of us are interested in playing with those...............Although I might spend a couple of minutes one weekend seeing what it would take to slide a Manual tranny in one of them or two...............If they have clutch cable tubes, I'm likely to do just that..............anyone need some autostick Stuff????

Alright , I'll stop for now, but I do wish these cars to have decent homes and will be selling them at really decent prices if I don;t have to build a daily driver out of them first.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Me, me, me!

Trouble is, I'm in Germany.

SCNR, Erik.

Reply to
Erik Meltzer

We'll ship,...............But It'll cost ya more than It's worth,...........Your call .