1984 Volvo 244 Turbo Sedan

Does anyone know anything about the 244 Turbo sedan? Is it a good purchase to get me through my next three years of law school? For what do I need to look? About what do I need to be concerned? I am looking at this (see subject) car and am wondering if it is worth $1,600. Any suggestions? The interior and exterior look fine, but I am concerned about the engine and electrical systems. Any thoughts? Thank you in advance. MD

Reply to
drapcho

As with any Volvo in that age range, the engine wiring harness is of concern as it often rots out. Other than that it's the same as any of the other 240 Turbos, in '84 it's most likely factor intercooled, it'll have a B21FT and K-Jet mechanical injection, well known to be solid and dependable components. Remember though that you're looking at a 20 year old sports car, it could be an excellent car, or it could be long abused and in need of many things.

As for value, condition is everything, $1600 could be a bargain or a ripoff.

Reply to
James Sweet