Volvo S40 Sedan, Volvo 940 Turbo Sedan

Greetings Everyone:

My husband and I launched a new private party vehicle classified ad site for the Phoenix area on 24 March 2003. Right now, we have several really nice Volvo's listed, and although we are only paid the listing fee, we do all that we can to help our listers find buyers.

If anyone is interested please check us out at:

We hope you find something interesting! Be sure to let us know how you like it, and happy holidays!

Regards,

Kim Scarmozzino CEO/Webmaster

Kim Scarmozzino

It would be a nice find to have a 940 turbo with 6 cylinders. I do not think that volvo made 6 cylinder turbo. Please check.

Regards,

Boris Mohar

Got Knock? - see: Viatrack Printed Circuit Designs

Ontario

Reply to
Boris Mohar

uhhhh...please put me down for a 6 cly 940t.....since my 4 cyl 93 940t "hauls ass"...i would love to start work on a 6 ;-) ... i guess it will do a 0-60mph in about 5 0r 6 sec...and have a top speed around

150mph...no? and...judging pricing off of eBay used units...i would guess a 93 w/around 175-200k miles ... would go for around $2,500...(i wish)......

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

That caught my eye too. But although they never made a 6 cyl turbo for the 740/760/940 series, Volvo does make a 6 cyl turbo now -- for the S80.

Beverly

Reply to
Bev A. Kupf

They did make a six cylinder 940, but it was a diesel engine, either turbo or turbo with intercooler. After 1993 (IIRC) it had hydraulic valve gear (tappets) and an adjustable cambelt idler pulley (fixed water pump). I have mine up to 145 bhp and a LOT of torque. I think upper limit is around 225 bhp and huge amounts of torque.

Cheers, Peter.

: > It would be a nice find to have a 940 turbo with 6 cylinders. I do not think : > that volvo made 6 cylinder turbo. Please check. : >

: >

Reply to
Peter Milnes

Ah. But not for the NA market -- where the car in question is being sold.

Reply to
Bev A. Kupf