90 740GLE 16V Sedan Headliner Replacement

Hi, Everybody! I know a lot of you guys out there tackle this task already. I just pulled my headliner out and it was a mess, couldn't get it out through the back right passenger side, tried the front passenger and wouldn't come out so when I finally got it out it look like a jigsaw puzzle. I went to the junkyard and found one for $25. My question is, where does it really go in? is it through the back or front passenger side? Should I take the seat out? I appreciate any help out there. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
EC Diaz

I had the same problem, only broke it in one place though, still awaiting time to finish it up and reinstall it. I plan to remove the seats and the steering wheel as they get in the way no matter what, still not sure what angle to get it into the car though.

Reply to
James Sweet

Give this a look:

jdunville

Yes it comes out thru the right rear door. Push the front passenger seat fully forward ,fully recline it and you can work the headliner back in.

Reply to
Rod Gray

Hello I am in the middle of doing the same thing. Quite a mess actually. I got the Healdiner board out through the front passanger door although I broke it a bit. I broke it even more when handling it to remove old foam etc. I got fiberglass and repaired it. Was ok. I thought it was easier to install it again. Same way through the front passenger door. Unfortunately the headliner board broke a bit at the same places again when I put it back. However I continued and when everything was in place I could hardly see were it was broken and it looked much better than before. My only problem is that I could not do the sunroof at the same time so I will have to take the headliner down again. I do not look forward to that! Good luck.

Reply to
Perek75