Headliner replacement

is this a do-it-your-self job, or is it best left to professionals?

mho >v=83e >=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0"drive less - is this trip neseccary" >=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0? ? ?=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0
Reply to
fiveiron

See my Website for a write-up on how I did it on my Jag.

Ed

Reply to
Ed

Really depends on the skills of the do-it-yourselfer. ( kinda leaves you out-grin). I know several semi skilled (not mechanically inclined) people who have done a decent job of replacing a head liner. Biggest obstacle is getting all the trim removed without breaking it or the retaining clips. Some require a bit of expertise to deal with, but a sharp mind might figure it out on their own. Perhaps some poster with body shop experience could give you some tips if you tell us the year, make, and model.

Or is this just a troll?

Reply to
Kevin

=3D=3D=3D=3D b... s...:--) thanks for the site, it's interesting, but 200 bucks for a turn-key job sounds like a steal.

and, why would a perfectly good headliner sag? It started after had I the mini-computer replaced?

Reply to
fiveiron

You are lucky that you only had to replace your car's mini-computer.

You should see what happens when you have to get you car's mainframe computer replaced. You just don't get headlining collapse, you have to replace the seat covers, carpets and seat belt buckles.

Reply to
ShazWozza

Best left to someone who has successfully done it before. Most home jobs look like it.

Before starting on the repair you need to determine why the headliner separated from the anchors. It could have come from age, moisture, repairs to a sunroof or someone trying to fish wires behind the headliner.=20

Reply to
John S.

Headliner material is a fabric backed by foam, about 1/8" thick. Over time, either the foam itself or the adhesive bonding it to the fabric deteriorates. Once it starts there's no stopping it. Soon it will be on your shoulders.

Ed

Reply to
Ed