'94 960 service light

Is there an easy way to reset the service light that comes on every 10,000 miles?

Thanks

Reply to
RichK

By taking the car in for service ;-)

Reply to
Rob Guenther

My '87 760 requires the removal of the instrument cluster, then pushing the button right behind the speedo. How stupid, you have to remove the freakin' instrument cluster, I mean, how difficult would it have been to run a momentary switch to a concealed location on a Molex connector to a more accessible location.

It should be written in your manual, at least it was in mine. It was an added sheet actually, I guess people were asking how to reset the thing and added an extra sheet for the user manual package, providing you have a manual!

Reply to
Myron Samila

You don't have to remove the IC. Remove the under dash panel and reach up behind the IC and push the lever.

Reply to
Rod Gray

Reply to
RichK

The IC comes out with two screws, the lower panel comes out with several, and there isn't really a lever, more like a tiny momentary that you can't tell the difference between a screw or the switch.

I did it while I was picking up a coffee at Tim Hortons in the drive thru.... usually a 20 minute wait....(if you've never been to Tim Horton's to get a coffee, it is insane, people will wait in their cars for a LONG time to get a coffee) normally, I'd go inside to get a coffee, but walking with crutches and holding a coffee = spilt coffee. I found it easier on my '87 Volvo to do it this way, although later cars have different dashes, so I can't really suggest much on that.

Reply to
Myron Samila