95 volvo 940 turbo oil line leaking

My mechanic told me that my oil line is leaking. What is the oil line and where is the most likely it is to leak? I am aking because I realized that my car is running out of oil about 1 quart at 2000 miles.

Can it be oil pump? or some seals? could it leak at the flame trap?

Reply to
anatoli.milischuk

The oil line to the turbo is a fairly common leak since it's under high pressure and experiences extreme thermal cycles. There's two places it commonly leaks, one is the banjo bolt fitting at the engine block and the other is the gasket on the top of the turbocharger bearing housing. Both are pretty easy to fix, if you're paying a mechanic to do the work, I'd have them replace the copper washers on the banjo bolt and the gasket at the turbo at the same time regardless of which is leaking. It's not a bad idea to replace the oil line as well but that's not absolutely necessary.

Reply to
James Sweet

Thanks for you answer, but I think put a confusing title. I am not sure about the turbo they will have to check it. The oil line to the engine is leaking that I was told when I purchased the car in Feb 2007. Maybe it's time to talk to mechanic but I was wondering what are the most troubled areas of oil line.

Reply to
anatoli.milischuk

I'm not sure what other "oil line" he's referring to, the feed line between the engine and turbo and the drain line from the turbo back to the sump are the only external oil lines the engine has. Oh there's also the ones to the oil cooler, forgot about them, they leak sometimes too but not as often.

Reply to
James Sweet

Thanks alot James. I will looke into it. Right now I will just add some of oil from the store.

Reply to
anatoli.milischuk