Bulb Failure Position Light

What does Bulb Failure Position Light message mean and what is the fix? All my lights work properly.

Reply to
Pleasantly Surprized

G Klein

What model car is this? The sensor is notoriously sensitive and can be triggered if the bulbs on each side are mismatched.

Reply to
James Sweet

This has to be one of the newer ones (S80, new V70, S60 etc.) that have the text warning. And Volvo bulb failure sensors haven't compared current from left to right since the end of the 940. (760s from 1988 and 850s also use the new type sensor.) This type of sensor senses the current to each bulb and turns on the warning if the current falls below a certain amount. So the bulb can still be working and turn on the light. This type is not sensitive to left to right balance so at least that's an improvement. It is still sensitive to dirty sockets etc.

Reply to
Mike F

Ah, good to know, my only experience is with the 940 and earlier cars.

Reply to
James Sweet