Employee Discount for Volvos, too?

Does the Ford promotion also apply to Volvos? If so, how does one find the discounted price? My girlfriend was in a dealership the other day and was told there is no Volvo discount, but that dealerships had gotten together to offer a steeply discounted price to compete with the other car manufacturers. It sounded like a line to me, but I'm not having much luck finding anything on the web other than the X-Plan -- is the X-Plan the way to go? It looks like there are employees on the web pimping their discount, which I'm guessing is okay with Volvo if it brings in a sale.

I'm a bit confused by the whole thing. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
rcoutts

Ford left Volvo out of it's current promotion even though it was included in the prior employee-referral program.

Saabs are included in the GM promotion. IMO the 9-5 is an excellent alternative to the V70 or S80.

John

Reply to
John Horner

Big Dee Auto, near White Plains, NY, is advertising Volvo's at employees' prices. The ad is at

It may be their own promotion, notFord's.

Reply to
Marvin

I own an S80. My wife owns a Saab 9-5.

I'll take my S80 over her 9-5 anyday. She seems to feel the same way about her 9-5.

Reply to
Dan Woodard

Dan;

This is a very interesting chance! Would it be too much to ask you and your wife to write a few lines about what they like and dislike about both the Saab and the Volvo?

Thanks

--Steve

Reply to
Steve

I'm eligible for the X-plan because ny father is a retired Ford employee. I called the dealer to price a V70-R. No deal, the discounts only applied to the cars they wanted it to apply to. So, I'll proceed with my original plan and buy an Audi A4 Avant. (The discount is that I can buy Audi service manuals and fix things myself.)

Doug Warner

I own also a S80 2.9 (Until now nothing can compare even not a audi, bmw, mercedes) in the same range. They are lazy and not powerfull like 2.8 T6 and are absolute not so safe even not a saab.

"Dan Woodard" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.com...

Reply to
WW