New S40 20D failure

I buy new S40 20D. Like a dream. I seat in car on parking in front of Volvo store and than red "triangle of death" turn on and

car wrote to me: "brake failure. stop safely". I am not drive it at all!! I wait it three mont's for this car and I cannot drive this car

from Volvo dealer where I buy it (on car was 7 km drive). Service take me to check system and cannot find failure. After

reset car computer and some software updates (car was assembled on 18. june), car go well and I drive to home. But after 5

km, again same message! I must stop, car did not turn on again. After half hour come man from service, doing something

around a fuse box and car start again. I leave car in service for further diagnostic.... I am very disappointment with my brand

new car...I did not expect this from Volvo! Have anybody similar experience or I am one on 1000! What it will be? Now I wait..

Andjelko Glivar Croatia Europe

Reply to
AGlivar - CroAstro.com

It sounds like an intermittent sensor problem to me. I know nothing about the new S40, but when sensors in general give off funny readings, computers interpret them in different ways, yours thinks it has a brake failure. What it most likely has is an intermittent failure of a sensor somewhere in the brake system, most likely due to a manufacturing flaw (ie: supplier problem, not a real Volvo assembly problem - this could indicate that the S40 has cheap sensors installed in it)

Reply to
Rob Guenther

I forgot to tell, in same time indicator of motor temperature drop down and accelerator clutch dont work.

Reply to
A. Glivar - CroAstro