S40 goes off in neutral

hi there! :)

I have a 97' S40 1.8 1 6v!!!

And I bought a new battery, when I replaced it the car couldnt run on neutral, but during driving it goes perfectly normal, HELP

Reply to
vicko

any tips, no???

Reply to
vicko

Hi,

vicko schrieb:

Well, I don't see a relation between the new battery and the idle problem, but about a year ago, my V40 was in the garage for a few days for the same problem - every possible part was renewed, but the problem wasn't solved. Until, well, they drained the whole fuel. I simply got contaminated gas... :-(

Roland (Graz, Austria)

Reply to
Roland Messerschmidt

Could you please clarify what you mean? Sometimes we just are too stupid... Is it that the engine will not idle, that is, run without you push the accelerator pedal?

Asbjørn

Reply to
Asbjørn

the engine will not idle, that is, run without you push the accelerator pedal

Reply to
vicko

Maybe a vacuum line got knocked off? Did any of the intake plumbing have to be disconnected to do the work that was done?

Reply to
James Sweet

that was the first thing I did, changed the ends of all vacuums ang cleaned the whole intake system!!!

Reply to
vicko

Then you may have not succeded cleaning but blocked a channel, or there is a leak.

Asbjørn

Reply to
Asbjørn

Reply to
vicko

after checking everything again, i saw that the air line for idle running was blocked with some dirt, so i replaced the pie and c leaned the whole intake system and its running just SWEET!!!

THANK YOU FOLKS!!!

btw! sorry for my low english, but why am I excusing myself I bet u can't speak croatian either!!!

Reply to
vicko