440 - ABS-System defect?

Hi !

According to the blink-codes of the ABS-System/Controlling-unit it has several(8 !) failures. All of them say that there is a failure in the controller system (short-cuts, broken links, etc.).

Is it possible to exchange the controller-unit only (B18U, model 1994, ABS by ATE), or do I have to exchange the whole unit???

Any hints to re-check against the blink-codes?

Best Regards, Torsten

Reply to
Torsten Beekhuis

In a word, YES it is possible to change the controller. I think it might be in a similar location to that on the 480 which is in the left hand cubby hole (with detachable lid) just ahead of the rear lights.

Cheers, Peter.

Reply to
Peter Milnes

Hi Peter Milnes !

Mmh. My car has it un der the hood, mounted at the right side of the ABS-hydraulic-block. Or am I wrong? This is one reason for my question, if it is exchangeable (for a non-mechanic)?

Best Regards, Torsten

Reply to
Torsten Beekhuis

If it has a connector that can be unplugged then it can be changed. Make sure to match the type numbers though.

Cheers, Peter.

Reply to
Peter Milnes