power steering fluid loss V70 Y reg (99?)

My Y reg V70 2.4 estate has lost all its power steering fluid. None of the garages around here can take it until the end of next week so I'm wondering if I'll damage it by driving it (apart from the obvious of very heavy steering).

Started getting a few complaints from it on full lock a week or two ago but nothing I'm not used to hearing on other cars. It got worse a few days ago and the steering started to stiffen at low revs. The complaining became worse too. I checked and there was a slight leak and a low reservoir (it was frothy too) so I topped it up. The leak has become progressively worse and now today it won't hold the fluid for more than a few hours. Currently, the steering is very stiff, the complaining noise has gone.

Any thoughts would be very welcome, either on what the cause might be or as to whether I might dmage something by driving it like that for a couple of days.

Reply to
merlin

Driving with that type of pump dry will ruin it in short order. Look under the reservoir - there is a hose clamp on one of the hoses that often comes loose.

Reply to
Mike F

In an earlier contribution to this discussion, Mike F"

Reply to
Bonnet Lock

Reply to
Bill