S40 cruise control moods

Good morning all, The cruise control will work only ten % of the time. I can hear when it starts from OFF as it does a little *bzzz* noise. Then, from the moment i set the desired speed, it'll run fine, until I stop it or if i push brake or shift pedals. Annoying, it won't activate most of the time. I strongly suspect a defect electrical contact, altough no lights nor message beeing displayed. Volvo asks 1000 bucks in order to repair, and it's not my bag. I should be grateful if you would help.

Reply to
Simon B.

When the cruise control doesn't work, hook your foot under the brake pedal and pull it up (i.e. the opposite direction you normally move it). (If there's a clutch pedal, pull it up too.)

Reply to
Mike F

Mike, thanks for your reply. The brake pedal actually opens the circuit, and prevents constant speed functions activation unless i pull it first with foot. Simon B.

Reply to
Simon B.