Throttle Cable

1988 740 Estate

I believe I have a sticking throttle cable. From the test I have carried out it appears to be the cable and not related to the throttle mechanism.

Is it difficult to change the cable especially up under the dash, could I Imbricate the cable without removing it.

Reply to
noreply

You will probably find that the cable is sticking because it is fraying inside the outer covering. Change the cable for a new one. Follow instructions in Haynes or Chilton manuals.

Cheers, Peter.

Reply to
Peter K L Milnes

If your Volvo is a automatic transmission check the kick down cable the cable gets stuck causing your complaint Glenn

Reply to
G Klein