Throttle cable adjustment

Why not take a few minutes to check the throttle cable adjustment, cables certainly can stretch over time. My method involved a 2 x 4 and a 6 x 8 x 16 concrete block. The 2x4 over the gas pedal, and the concrete to hold it to the floor.

2 - 12mm wrenches to adjust the sleeve and locknut - needed about 3/8" to move it to the wide open stop. Then carefully checked that the plate still touched the idle stop. It did, plus there was no excess pressure on the cable at wide open - could still move slightly, and there was still some cable slack at the fully closed position. I know what some of you are thinking - no difference, only saving 3/8" of pedal travel - but it certainly _feels_ faster - goes more with less pedal travel, plus you know at wide open throttle, you're actually getting wide open.
Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus