Throttle cable question

When you replace your throttle cable, should you pull it finger tight and then tighten the holding nut on the carb, or leave a slight bit of slack?

Mike

Reply to
Mike West

pull out all slack, but don't pull it so tight that the return spring can't bring the throttle arm back fully to the stop...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

I took the slack out of mine, but I didn't leave it finger tight.

Reply to
Michael Cecil

Hi! On my 1973 Beetle,

  • I remove the spring from the throttle lever

  • place a brick on the throttle pedal or even better have someone depress it fully

  • push the throttle lever all the way down and then back up just a liittle or about 1/2 inch

  • take the slack out of the cable and tighten it in the clamp ...by-the way I am using a 'bulletproof' throttle cable from aircooled.net

  • replace the spring on the throttle lever

Note: There may be other ways of doing this

Reply to
Jim347a