TIRES

What are the best front tires for a V70 T5 with 16 inch wheels?

Anyone tried Yokohama thanks

Reply to
Peter Watson

Running Avon's - Real good.

Andy

Reply to
dreadly

That's a tough question to answer, what do you want in a tire? Long life? Sticky treads? Firm ride, soft ride, maximum fuel economy, lowest cost, and any number of other factors, many of which are mutually exclusive.

Reply to
James Sweet

In message , James Sweet writes

Best for speed / best for wet

best for cornering and braking - tire life immaterial.

Reply to
Peter Watson

Check out tirerack.com

they have reveiws of lots of tires.

Reply to
Jon

Go for a good one, goodyear, michelin. Money saved on tyres means more money spent on mileage, wear, riscs.

Pi

Reply to
Pi

I put 4 new Yokohamas on my V40 and drove to France in May. A back one blew out at 130kph - I'm not trying them again. I bought 2 new Michelin (the Volvo fitted tyre) in France: 450 euros.

Reply to
Geoff Pearson

In message , Geoff Pearson writes

I have since done some research - TyreTest.com

FOR THE VOLVO

TyreTest.com: Average of 15 completed tests Score: 1-best 6-worst

Ø2.0 Grip in dry conditions 1.5 Braking in dry condtions 1.5 Grip in wet conditions 2.0 Braking in wet condition 2.1 Grip in snow 4.7 Comfort 2.3 Tyre noise (in car) 2.3 Tyre noise (external) 2.2 Tyre wear 2.4 Kilometers driven 264.000

Vredestein *** Tyre producer from the Netherlands in mid price segment ULTRAC 205/50 ZR16 87W Rim-protection Summer tyres Test results Reifentest.com (english) Speed W: the speed capability of this tires is up to 168 mph/270 km/h ! We only supply the tire. If there is a rim shown on the picture, it is just to symbolize.

Created by Vredestein in partnership with Giugiaro Design, the Ultrac is the ultimate tyre for the high end of the market. With its rounded shapes, flowing contour and inclined corners, the Ultrac is superbly designed. It is also blessed with many high-tech features. Take, for example, the Ultimate Handling Construction (UHC). This construction gives the Ultrac a high handling ratio, resulting in exceptional handling on wet and dry roads. Again, look at the Centre Shift System (CSS) found in the middle of the tyre, by shifting the right and left tread parts in relation to the centre section, noise production is minimised. And finally, the use of Full Silica Silan Solution in the tread compound means the Ultrac performs superbly on wet road surfaces as well as being safe in all other weather conditions.

With us only only £ 74.20 Postage and packing costs are included in the price!

Peter Watson

I have a feeling that the 264.000km referred to is actually 264 km and NOT

264k km.. If you notice some of these tyre tests cover even fewer km's, like low teens, so be a little wary?

Andy

Reply to
Andy Coles

Every time I et aother Volvo I always put the same tires on them- Pirelli P6

I know Yokohama's prolly "score better" on the various surveys, but the Pirelli's have never let me down, in over 20 years now.

Not much pricier than Goodyears, either.

Michelins are also excllent, but I don't get the same wear from them for some reason even with the same tread ratings.

Just me 2 cents worth.

Reply to
vinran1