V70 classic, speaker removal

Hi all,

I've a V70 Classic (2000). The speaker in the right front door sometimes doesn't work. When I hit the door, it starts working again. Probably a loose contact..? Can anyone tell me how I can remove the speaker from the door?

Greetings, Jan

Reply to
Gemini

You have to remove the interior trim panel from the door in order to gain access to the speaker.

Reply to
Roger Mills

"Roger Mills" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net...

Thanks,. Roger,

But what do you mean by the trim panel and how is is it connected to the door?

Greetings,

Jan

Reply to
Gemini

It's the part which covers the whole of the inside of the door from the window downwards, and includes the storage bins etc.

At the back of the bit which you pull to close the door from the inside, there is a torx screw with a plastic cover over it. You need to prise off the cover and remove the screw. You then need to prise off the bezel round the interior handle, and the cover at the back of the mirror gubbins. The panel is held onto the metal part of the door by several plastic clips. You need a thin spatula behind the panel to lever the clips out - some of which will break, so be prepared to buy some new ones.

Once the panel is free, it can be lifted off over the interior locking spindle. There are lots of electrical plugs/sockets which then need to be unplugged before completely removing the panel.

Are you *sure* you really want to do this?

Reply to
Roger Mills

Thank you very much!

I'm afraid I have to do this, when I want my good sound back...

Greetings,

jan