87-88 Fox running rough

When engine is cold runs great. After driving 8-10mi. when it's warmed up well it starts running rough. The longer I drive it the worse it gets until it stops after about an hour. I cleaned injectors and installed new seals. Changed the whole fuel distributor including the control pressure regulator with a good used one. The control plunger moves ok, adjustment checked. New rotor and cap, sparx and wires. No air or visible vacuum leaks. Hall sender and ignition control tests ok. Changed cold starting valve. O2 sensor fairly new. Only thing I could find not exactly by the book is primary resistance on the coil (between 1- 15+) is 1 ohm instead of 0.52-0.76 as in Bentley. But I don't know how important this is, measured on another Fox running perfect and it was exactly the same.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated! It drives me crazy.

Reply to
Tom Resi

How are those ground wires at the cold start valve? How is the fuel pressure when you are having the problems? Maybe debris blocking up the fuel transfer pump strainer? Maybe bad CTS (Coolant Temperature Sensor) for the fuel injection

How is the oil level and quality? Too much and possibly smelling like gas?

Could be ign. coil, or ignition module causing problems when hot. Are you getting a good spark when you are having this stalling problem?

dave

can't measure if it's correct

what's relation with temperature?

checked yet, I'll do it tommorow

module as in Bentley,

coil tests as I said, but coil not excessively hot, but I'll try to cool it quick with a wet rag to see if that changes anything, I wish would be the coil...

problem?---don't know, did't check yet

Thank you Dave, I'll come back with tommorow's work/results if any

Reply to
Tom Resi

Reply to
Tom Resi