99 Passat 6 CD Changer quit!

Just started on the second Christmas CD and it stopped, read out said "CD Error" and it ran thru the next 4 doing the same "CD Error" message. Anyone else had this happened? I haven't used it alot so it shouldn't be worn out!

Julie

Reply to
ApplePkn

I have had this happen (in four years) a couple of times with a bad CD (visibly scratched), never to occur again on any other CD. If the problem persists with several more CDs, I would first clean the player before giving up on it.

- D.

Reply to
TransFixed

I keep on getting Cd error myself on my display. So you are saying that the CD could be scratched or the player needs cleaning? how do you clean the 6 CD Changer?

Reply to
Kav