A/C Problems w/ A2 Jetta

I am having some problems with my 1987 German Jetta GL.

I retrofitted my jetta to use R134 refrigerant, but found that there was a hole in the line(where the piping hooks into the condenser.) I hooked the piping back up to the condenser, but now The A/C seems to blow just a few degrees colder than ambient air. Are there any ideas as to why this may be?

Reply to
LC

Stupid question but you did recharge it?

Reply to
Dave

No actually.. I havent. Wondering if I should just because I filled it up before patching the leak, and I don't want to overfill it. But I plan on doing it today or tomorrow.

Reply to
LC

I added a little more R134a coolant, and it didn't seem to really help. I'm starting to think that it's full. The low side is cool when I touch the piping, but not sure why it's not blowing colder.

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

-Larry

Reply to