having engine problems w/ 96 grand am

My 96 Grand Am has been having trouble keeping a steady idle when your going between 45 and 50 mph. It will go up to 2500 rpm when it's shifting into overdrive but then if you keep your foot on the gas the rpm's drop to

1200, so it starts to shudder because it doesn't have enough power. If you take your foot off the gas and reapply it, it will do okay for a second and then start it agian. I've already replaced the plastic housing that connect to the spark plugs because it blew that up last week. And then to days ago cylinder 1 was misfiring so I changed all the plugs. I can't figure out what is causing it to misfire and lose power, anybody got any ideas. I was thinking maybe the fuel injectors, but wanted to make sure no one else has had this problem first. Thanks

-- Message posted using

information at

jesse137

Shep

Probably the fuel filter or water in the gas

Reply to
Les Benn

plug wires?

ds549