Blowing a fuse

my 96 gti vw keeps blowing the 30 watt. fuse when it runs and my father who is a mechanic and i can?t seem to figure out why. It died on me one day and he figured it was a fuel pump b/c it turned over but wouldn?t start. so we have now put in a new fuel pump and it worked for a short period of time, now our problem is it runs for any length of time and blows that fuse. He also traced back the wires from the fuse board back past the drivers seat. and his only thing we can think of is go from the fuse board to the engine. SO If anyone has any suggestions or ideas PLEASE give some feedback as soon as possible.... :D

Reply to
lexitexi24

First of all that car has 20 plus fuses, so it would be nice to know what fuse number it is? Also check with your manual & wiring diagram to see what the fuse feeds and post the results here. FYI, fuses are rated in AMPS & not watts.

Reply to
Woodchuck

That would be 30 amp...

Is that fuse under the dash? If so, there is a chart molded into the drop-down door that indicates what each fuse is for.

Reply to
Tom's VR6

Is that the 30 amp strip fuse or the plug in fuse?

Reply to
Dave

"dogs1" wrote: > lexitexi24 wrote: > > >my 96 gti vw keeps blowing the 30 watt. fuse when it runs and > my > >father who is a mechanic and i can?t seem to figure out why. > It died > >on me one day and he figured it was a fuel pump b/c it turned > over but > >wouldn?t start. so we have now put in a new fuel pump and it > worked > >for a short period of time, now our problem is it runs for > any length > >of time and blows that fuse. He also traced back the wires > from the > >fuse board back past the drivers seat. and his only thing we > can think > >of is go from the fuse board to the engine. SO If anyone has > any > >suggestions or ideas PLEASE give some feedback as soon as > possible.... > >:D > > Is that the 30 amp strip fuse or the plug in fuse?

plug in fuse

Reply to
lexitexi24
Reply to