CD Changer Question

Hello all!

This is my first post on this board....I've been lurking for a while and now I've got a question!

I just bought my first VW car (a 2001 Jetta GLS) and I'm super excited!

My OEM CD changer seems to work only have the time, and with will play CDs almost at random (it will cycle all six cds and play a different disc each time, stating the others have errors).

My questions is...what aftermarket CD changers work best with the OEM headunit? I'd prefer as little mess and fuss as possible!

Thanks in advance!

-daveinwinnipeg

Reply to
Dave

Rob Guenther

Call Crutchfield. The ones the vw dealers put in are made by Panasonic's parent company.

Reply to
Jo Bo

Matsushita Electronics makes the changers, which is the parent company of Panasonic. However, I've heard that it's somehwta hit and miss trying to get the right changer. Find out about pricing, I have a VW factrory CD changer from my 2002 GTi. I used it for less than a year before discarding it when I started putting in my new system. It's been stored in a box since it was removed, and I'd be willing to sell it.

Reply to
Steve Grauman

Check out

They have a couple CD changers that are drop in replacements for the OEM.

Ed

Reply to
Mr.Eddy