Diesel Fuel Water Seperator?

Greetings!

Anyone know how to service the Jetta TDI fuel/water seperator? I'd like to do it without having to go to the dealer each time.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich & Diane Dixson

Instructions are available at:

Joseph Meehan

remove the 2 10mm bolts on the fender on the pass side of engine compartment. Lift the whole gizmo up. Put a plastic cup underneath. Turn knurled knob until diesel starts coming out. Tighten, replace. Replace entire filter ea. 30k miles. I never see much water in there, likely bc. I drive enough that there isnt much chance for water to condense in the tank or the line, and I'm lucky enough to have quality fuel suppliers.

Reply to
Mike