Door Locks?

The door locks on my 94 Jetta have stopped working from the D/S with the key. If I lock the doors with the key, only the D/S door locks and the unit in the trunk keeps making noise! Is this an electrical motor that is not working right or is there something common that goes wrong with these cars?

Reply to
bushmaster

In a 94 Jetta the locks work by air pressure from a pump in the trunk. If the locks dont move and the pump works, look for a broken hose. Start at the pump and follow it. If you are lucky it just became loose at the pump. If you are not, it broke somewhere hidden by 4 layers of carpet and trim :)

Reply to
Eduardo K.

I am with Eduardo, it is sometimes easier to find the leaks by listening for the noise. I have usually found leaks at the rear door pillars. Sometimes I extend the length of the hose. I have also found one leak under the side carpeting too.

Reply to
One out of many daves

I found a rotted plastic tee connection under the trunk mat just aft of the driver side rear seat once. A trip to Napa for another and some rubber tubing to slip over the plastic tubing, good to go.

You'll want to take care of this before you run the gas tank down. If it's like my '95, the vac lock also works the locking gas cap!

Like others said, sometimes the connection in the B-pillars too.

Mark '95 Jetta GLS

Reply to
Mark Randol

Hi Thanks for the info. There was a line off on the rear passenger door.

Thanks again.

Reply to
bushmaster

always appreciate hearing about the solution thanks bushmaster!

Reply to
One out of many daves