Golf Mk3 central locking

Does any one know how to fix an air leak in a door connector?

I had to open this to fix a broken speaker lead, and now there is an air leak, and the locking pump does not stop.

Thanks

Davidb

Reply to
davidb

I drilled out the air section of the connector, cut short length of rubber hose to fit over the air lines, ran it through the new hole and pushed the air lines into the hose ends. Been good for about 6 years so far. Longer than the original fitting lasted.

Reply to
Mark Randol

I fixed a leak in one of mine with electrical tape.

Reply to
Eduardo K.

Thanks everyone. It turns out that the hose in the door pillar is not securely held in the coupler. You have to open the trim and push the tube in manually. All well now

Reply to
davidb