Hesitation 88 Vanagon Westfalia

I once had a 1987 vanagon with a (bucking/hesitation) that showed up when up to temperature at highway speeds. I stopped by a dealer in a small town where there was a diagnostic tech who told me to install a capasitor from 1st to 3rd wire (I believe) on the MAF sensor wiring. This eliminated the need for the updated wiring harness from the the VW dealer (essentially thats what it was) saving about $135.00 CAD Does anybody know the Milli amp and Microfarad of that capasitor. I installed it and never had a problem again until now... I recently purchased a 1988 VW Westfalia with the same concern. Any suggestions??

Tristen Snell

86 Golf (Pepi) 88 Westfalia (Bogart)
Reply to
Tristen S