Steering wheel squeak 90 Vanagon?

Hello all:

My 1990 VW Vanagon makes a rather loud squeaking noise when I turn the steering wheel. It seems to be coming from just below the floor board. I tried running some WD-40 down at the point where the shaft meets the collar on the inside. That worked for a bit but now it's back.

Can anyone tell me what to look for and where. How do I gain access to do some lubing... if that's what it needs.

Thanks!

Reply to
G.I.O.

Go to the auto parts store and buy some white lithium grease in a spray can. Spray the same spot, but spray it good. It'll be gone and stay gone.

Reply to
vic20owner