How to enter radio anti-theft code

Hello all, my son bought a 91' Jetta GL with the stock radio in it. Clean one owner with 84K miles, the problem is they let the battery go dead and the radio is in lockout. We THINK we have the code to the radio but have no idea of the process to enter it and get the radio out of lockout mode.

Can someone explain the process to enter the code? I figured Id see it out here on the user group but no-one wrote it out, appears everyone else has a problem getting the code.

Thanks for you help

~ Phil

Reply to
mpilihp

I think I got the code for my '91 Golf's factory radio from the dealer. I think I had to go in person for them to give it to me. No charge, just a silly security thing.

Search the archives here for the process to enter it; I don't remember it and I'm not sure where I put that piece of paper. It's simple though, you use the preset buttons to cycle through the digits of the code.

Mike

Reply to
upand_at_them

Try this:

Mike

Reply to
upand_at_them

Is there any chance the first owner would tell you if the timing belt was ever replaced in your sons ' new ' jetta. At 84k the timing belt would the next thing to consider after you get the radio working. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Reply to
samstone