Left rear taillight replacement on a 99.5 Golf, how do you do it?

Hey

... Well I woke up yesterday with a nice sized hole where my rear fog lamp would be (if I had them) on my left taillamp. Got a quote at $140 bucks Canadian for a new housing, seems a little high, but not too horrendous considering its a dealer. Of course my deductable is $200, so they could have stolen my money, would have been nicer since that would have been less legwork for me.

The biggest problem right now is that I have no idea how to remove the taillight. I have swapped out the one in my 91 Golf, I looked for similar screws, but this is much more nicely covered up and such...

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Pretty much the same thing as your 91 Golf... a few nuts are removed and you can pull it out. I did a Jetta not to long ago, nothing major at all, 5 minutes of my time.

Reply to
Pencilneck

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Correct. Open that flap where the CD changer goes and take a look in there. With a new tail light asm, you will be able to tell where the hardware should be.

Reply to
Pencilneck

Reply to
Rob Guenther